With Chelsea Anne Hornby
A decadently smooth iced coffee creme cake, good enough to satisfy those cravings, guilt free.
Greater than the sum of its parts…
50g sesame seeds
1 cup NuWay Energy Oats Cereal/Granola (or rolled oats)
1 cup pitted dates
5 chopped, frozen bananas
100g NUTRITECH Casein Slow Release Chocolate Mousse powder
200g coconut cream
200ml coconut milk
30g NUTRITECH Casein Slow Release Chocolate Mousse powder
40 g coconut flakes
40g pecan nuts
Bringing order to the chaos…
1. In a food processor, combine NuWay/oats, sesame seeds and dates. Pulse mixture and process on high speed until a dough like consistency forms. If the mixture is too dry, add 1tsp of water to assist in the processing.
2. Once the dough has collected in a ball-like shape in the food processor, use your fingers or the back of a spoon to press the dough into a greased cake tin with a removable base.
3. Place the cake tin with the crust in the freezer whilst you make the filling.
4. In your blender, combine your frozen bananas and coconut cream and blend until a moth consistency. Add your NUTRITECH Casein Slow Release Chocolate Mousse powder and your shot of espresso to the mixture. Blend until smooth.
5. Remove the cake tin with the crust from the freezer and poor the filling over the crust.
6. Return to the freezer to let set for approximately 4 hours.
7. Using a hand held blender, beat coconut milk in a medium sized bowl until frothy and cream like consistency. Add your NUTRITECH Casein Slow Release Chocolate Mousse powder to the mixture and continue to beat until a silky smooth texture is formed.
8. Scoop out mixture and spread over the top of the frozen, set ice cream cake.
9. Add desired toppings. Crush nuts, sliced and dried fruit and coconut pieces and sprinkle over the cake.
10. SERVE and ENJOY!
**NOTE: Before serving, remove your ice creme cake from the freezer for 10-15 minutes to ensure the cake develops into a creamy dessert instead of an icy one.